Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Of course!

Have you ever had a bad day and you're thinking to yourself that really not much else, outside a meteor crashing into your windshield, would make it a whole lot worse? I sort of had one of those days and as I was getting home after work, I realized it could get slightly worse. My apartment building has two sets of stairs, of which I clearly need to use one to get up to my apartment. For some time, the concrete pad at the base of the stairs has been cracking. Out of the blue, the property manager had the concrete chipped out and replaced. Today. Both pads. At the same time. Is that brilliant or what? I get home to find caution tape blocking off not one, but both of the stairways. I stood puzzled for a minute for this had to be some sort of candid camera moment. Sadly it wasn't. The complex maintenance guy, who lives on the first floor I might add, came out and saw that I was just standing there since I apparently didn't have the magical powers to teleport myself home as they mistakenly assumed. I won't even bore you with his response, but the fact of the matter was that pleasantries were exchanged and then I proceeded to test the curing of the concrete to see if I could step on it. Fortunately I didn't leave any footprints. In honesty, I really didn't care!

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Gasp! You don't have magical powers of teleportation? I thought everyone in CA did....

Happy Fun Pants said...

Ha! :)

I can see myself standing at the base of the stairs thinking of that old story where you have a man, a woman, and a child that need to get across the river, but only 1 1/2 people can go a time and blah blah blah.

Glad to see that you made it home safe and sound...but...yeah - pretty dumb on their part. :)