Monday, May 26, 2008

Boston Legal and B-52s

This weekend I learned that there are two things that I had forgotten that I really like. One is the B-52s and the other is the TV show Boston Legal. This may seem like a strange revelation, but it really makes perfect sense. This weekend I was feeling sick with a cold, so I spent a lot of time watching TV. This morning on the Today show, the B-52s performed after a 16 year hiatus. I'm a closet B-52s fan, but now they seem to be cool again and I'm excited for them. I was thinking how good Fred, Cindy, and Kate look... then I realized that they are as old as my Mom! That was a weird moment.

Along the same lines, I spent a bunch of time catching up on this season of Boston Legal. The show is so clever in that the writers develop cases that are similar to current events and flesh out both sides of the argument. Plus, there's James Spader. Each show guarantees at least one good closing argument soliloquy from him. Speaking of great writers, they actually wrote dialogue into the show to let the viewers know that the show was switching from Tuesdays to Wednesday... here's the clip (it's about 30 seconds in)

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

A closet B-52 fan? Does that mean you only listen to them when you are in the closet? I always thought that was an odd saying. Who spends lots of time in their closet? Do you spend a lot of time in your closet? Do you keep a radio in there? My closet is too full of clothes and boxes to even get into, much less spend time in.

By the way, your YouTube clip is no longer there.