Monday, May 19, 2008

Change is not always good

So I found out tonight that my gym is closing down. Just the latest casualty in the falling economy. I'm pretty bummed because:

a) the gym was literally across the street from me
b) always full of friendly faces
c) brand new and clean
d) directly on my way home from work
e) fun to go to as a buffer from work/home

I was offered a discounted membership at the owner's other location in RSM, so I will probably take her up on it, but it's definitely out of my way. I don't know who I feel bad for the most, me for losing such a convenience and a part of my daily routine, the owner for not being able to fulfill her dream of maintaining this club, or all the members who won't be able to transfer to the other club in RSM. As bizarre as it might sound, over the last 9 months I've really grown attached to some of the people who work out there with me.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

What a bummer. Its crazy how the economy is hitting everybody. I read today how middle class people are really getting hit hard and are going homeless. Somewhere in CA, Santa Clara maybe, there is an organization that has set up parking lots so these new homeless people will have someplace to park their car so they can sleep in at night. There is even a lot for women only. I hope it doesn't get much worse before things get better.