Monday, May 19, 2008

I think it's fixed

Isn't it funny how you need to go online to be able to fix problems with your computer? I mean, my wireless internet wasn't working and nothing that came with my router provided any useful information. Back in the day you would have had to call up a service tech and try to painfully work through the details verbally. Thankfully the wired connection to my modem still worked so I could go on the Linksys website and figure out what the problem was. I think what happened was that one of my closer neighbors must have set up a wireless modem and it was interfering with my signal. I had to go into the setup and change the wireless channel and *voila* it was fixed! I'm stoked because I was planning to go to Best Buy tomorrow to pick up a new router... just saved myself 50 bucks! Geek Squad's got nothing on me. :)

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

WhooHoo! Although I was starting to look forward to a midnight caper to infiltrate your neighbor and disable their setup.