Sunday, July 6, 2008

Taste of Summer

I've been catching up on this season of "The Next Food Network Star" on, well, the Food Network. I think I could be the next food network star. Basically, the show is about a group of hopefuls who are all vying for their own show on the network. Each week features some tasks that they get graded on by the selection committee and a special guest and then someone gets sent home. The problem is that they try to come up with these huge grandiose food selections when they only have 30 minutes or so to prepare them. Twice one contestant served raw or undercooked food. Gross!

Here's a recipe for a macaroni salad my mom makes. As soon as the shellronies appear on the table with the bbq chicken, you know it's summertime!

"Shellronies"

Cook small shells (7 oz) until almost done. Rinse off.

In a separate bowl, mix:

½ rib chopped celery
½ chopped onion
2 tbsp vinegar
2 blobs light mayo
3 or 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
Sprinkle of paprika

Mix all ingredients together, chill and serve.

1 comment:

Happy Fun Pants said...

I also watch this show - and I love it!!!

You could so do it!