Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Congrats to the Ellen Show

So this person at the gym and I were having this discussion about Ellen Degeneres. Ellen's show recently won four more daytime Emmy's, which she obviously deserves for the Ellen Show. Anyway, the person got off on this tangent about how Ellen is lucky that she got the daytime show because it's really easy to do well and all of her movie rolls have sucked. First of all, it can't be all that easy to have a successful daytime show because people like Tyra Banks have shows and they suck. But, maybe on the other hand, since there are people like Tyra, it does make it easier to look better in comparison. But, I digress. I had to disagree that all of Ellen's movie roles have been bad. Okay, that movie "Mr. Wrong" or whatever it was called, just should not have been made. There are other movies though. In fact, there is one called "If These Walls Could Talk 2", which had three segments about people living in the same house over several decades. Ellen starred in the third segment with Sharon Stone. It's a good curl-up-on-the-couch-on-a-Sunday-afternoon kind of flick. Here's a clip, but you have to be 18 to watch! Too bad gym lady can't see this post.... but then again I don't want her reading my bloggity blog.

1 comment:

Happy Fun Pants said...

I saw that movie years ago...it's pretty thought provoking.