Monday, July 28, 2008

Sigh

Where to begin? I was going to post on Saturday after we had our company picnic, but I felt too tired to do that. Then I was going to post after kayaking on Sunday, but I didn't have any motivation (even though Shelly capsized and it was really funny.) Then we get to today, which was not much better.

Let's see... it started off with the standard hum-dum at work. I'm still busy and trying to get caught up. Each day I seem to get more and more exasperated and wonder what the heck I am doing there. It was another day like that until I get this call from the front desk telling me to come up front. I groaned and was like "what else?" When I got up there, Shelly handed me this beautiful vase of flowers. I was like "What? Am I supposed to deliver this to someone?" But no, they were for me! I will take a photo and post it here. They are so pretty!! I read the card and there was a secretive poem. All the girls in the office were drooling over it and were trying to speculate on who my 'secret admirer' was. Ha ha! I think I figured out that they were from Tammy. Tammy is such a thoughful friend and she knew that I have been having some trying times at work lately. So, I just want to give a shoutout to Tammy to say that I really appreciate the kind gesture! It really did make my day! I needed that pick-me-up for what was yet to come.

I ended up having my mid-year review this afternoon. For those of you who know me, you know that for the entire 5 years I have worked here, I've always worked for Andrew and he has been my supervisor/development leader. It's been great. I absolutely enjoy working with him. Anyway, this year we had some reorganization going on and my supervisor got switched to this new engineer in our office. I don't have anything against her, but just to make a long story short, I was told today that the reason I am so busy is because I don't know how to delegate. As if I wouldn't have thought of some way that I could offload some of my work to other people. Whatever! Then, based on an email Andrew sent, his words got twisted into a false statement that he doesn't want to work with me anymore. That's not what was said at all. By the end of my review, I was just so tuned out that I didn't even want to listen anymore. Andrew and I skipped out a bit early and went to BJ's to chat. It was a great way to end the day... I was seriously going to go home and write my 2-week notice letter!

1 comment:

Happy Fun Pants said...

HOLY CRAP!

I love it when new managers step in and try to tell you how to be better without getting the lay of the land. SIGH indeed!

Also, I want to be friends with Tammy.