Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Stand in a doorway
Today we had an earthquake! I'm sure you've already heard about it since it was all over the news. I received a lot of calls and texts right afterwards wondering if we all survived or if California finally broke off into the ocean. I was only a few miles from the epicenter because I was at a meeting in Mira Loma. The first jolt was a shock and then you could feel the ground rolling as if you were on a rocky boat ride. It lasted maybe 20 seconds overall. It was funny because we were all looking at each other like "Well, who's going under the table first?" Nah, it wasn't that serious. I am just glad that there don't seem to be serious injuries or damage. A few freeways and overpasses were shut down for inspection. What was kind of scary was that cell phones didn't work for 10-15 minutes. It was apparently because the system was overloaded with everyone calling everyone and their brother. Seriously, there must've been one of those phone chains where everyone has a list of people to contact because I think my brother knew about the earthquake before I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your brother knew about the earthquake before you did because he lives in a earlier time zone than you so he gets the news before you do. Very confusing isn't it? I'm glad that you're okay. :-)
Hey you're probably right! Okay, next time you hear about a natural disaster coming my way, please let me know!
Post a Comment