Friday, July 25, 2008

Can this week be over already?

This week has seemed like the longest week ever. Mainly because there's been a lot of stuff going on at work and that the last time I actually went to the gym was over 5 days ago. Earlier this week, getting out of bed was like being asked to go to the dentist for a root canal. I'm not sure if it was just dreading going into the office or if I might have had a little bit of a cold. I got one of these super-concentrated Vitamin C drinks from Trader Joes (it was a knock off of Odawalla) and I think that effectively knocked out whatever was in my system. It had something like 500% DV of Vitamin C! Whoever said you can't have too much of a good thing? :)

On Thursday, my friend Julie visited me. She's in LA from St. Louis visiting friends and family. I was stoked that she took time to drive down to OC, even though she spent a frustrating 2 hours trying to find a beach with parking! (Hey, I don't know that beaches are crowded on weekday afternoons... I assume people are working like me!) Anyway, we went to dinner in Dana Point and had a fun time catching up on old times. She spent the night at my place before making the trek back up to Glendale. We had breakfast this morning at Pacific Whey and snapped this fabulous picture. I'm so glad I got to see you!


Unfortunately my fun day of much needed relaxation was cut short when I got some calls from work and actually had to go in on my day off. Of all days I needed some time off, today was the day. I have been so stressed and admittedly in a bad mood that I really above anything else just wanted some ME time. The only saving grace was that Tammy wanted to meet up with me at Beachfire so we could chat about our bad weeks.

Here's to hoping that next week is better!

1 comment:

Happy Fun Pants said...

Me time is SO important.

I think I would be a raving shrew (or more than what I am) if I didn't have it.

Here's to wishing that you have as much as you need in the coming week.