After a crazy week*, I was feeling some shopping therapy was due. I generally don't enjoy shopping on my own because I like to have someone with me to critique clothes or whatever it is I'm shopping for. That person is usually my Mom. I LOVE shopping with my Mom! We like the same stores and she doesn't complain if I want to stop in various stores in the mall. When we shop during my St. Louis visits, it is not uncommon for us to hit five Macy's in one day. We'll start out at West County Macy's and if we don't find something in the right color or the right size, we'll head to South County Macy's. Or the Galleria Macy's. Or Chesterfield Macy's. Or... we've been known to even hit Mid-Rivers Macy's. We used to go to Crestwood Macy's before that store closed (sad). It doesn't get old either! Every store is a new adventure.
Today Macy's had a sale and I bought myself a pair of diamond earrings. Now, this generally goes against my philosophy that a girl shouldn't have to buy her own diamonds. I have a couple pairs of diamond earrings and a necklace, all received as gifts. However, after this week, it was either diamonds or heroine. These were cute, small diamond hoops that were on mega-sale. It felt good to do something for me. Then it escalated from there! Shoes are another downfall of mine. I also like bags. I got a new Roxy bag that is super cute and some new Fun Pants at old Navy. They will forever be called Fun Pants thanks to Anne. I also bought some flip flops for the Boys and Girls club for an Old Navy promotion. It always feels good to shop, even for other people.
*You really thought I was going to explain this huh. Not so much.
2 comments:
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love that you call them "fun pants." It's like if I died today I know I will have made a difference in this world. :)
But besides all that, yay for sales! You should totally post a pic of the new earrings - they sound fabulous!:)
Diamonds? YES!
Post a Comment