Monday, June 29, 2009

Sleep... it does a LEED AP good.

I'm tired. I've had one of those weeks where many things are going wrong for people you love, but there is nothing you can do except listen and be "there" over the phone. It's been totally stressful. I thought things were back on track until Saturday morning. Saturday I was awakened to the sound of my brother yelling into my answering machine telling me to wake up. You see, I had gone to see Transformers on Friday night and got home really late, and inevitably forgot to unsilence my cell phone. Big mistake. I also hadn't replaced the rechargeable battery that died in the land line phone next to my bed. So, I didn't know that everyone in my family had been trying to contact me for hours. Finally, the sound of a phone ringing began to incorporate itself into my dream and I woke up when I realized it was my brother's voice yelling on the machine. Turns out that my Dad's defibrillator had shocked his heart twice and my Mom called 911. Looooooooooooooooooong story short, but he is doing fine. The defibrillator malfunctioned and he had surgery today to have it replaced. I actually thought I was going to be heading to St. Louis this weekend, buy my parents assured me they were fine.

With all that going on, I had also signed up to take the LEED AP test today. I had been studying for 6+ weeks and felt really good, except that I haven't been able to sleep while worrying about my Dad. Nevertheless I managed to rock the test!!! I am so happy that it's over and that I passed. I just know how much free time I invested and it would've been disappointing to fail (to say the least). So, from now on (or for the next week, whichever comes first), I will be signing everything "-LEED AP".

On my way home from work, I was absolutely drained, but I forced myself to stop at the store to pick up something for dinner. While checking out, I saw THIS fabulous piece of literature. I know what I will be doing tonight. :)

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

I'm glad that your Dad is okay. And more congrats on your LEED test.

In regards to the fine piece of literature you picked up, my guess is that the seven big posters are now displayed on your walls.