You may remember how I lamented that my local Curves here in Ladera was closing back in May. I was sad, not only for the owner Lori who was closing her business, but because there were many members who were not going to transfer to Lori's other club in RSM (10-15 mins away). I went ahead and transferred for all the reasons I mentioned previously and really enjoyed seeing some of the old faces from Ladera as well as meeting new faces from RSM. I had been going there since June. Unfortunately there was to be more bad news! Lori and her partner-in-business, Kathie, could no longer support the RSM club through this recession and they were forced to close too. With the downturn in the economy, luxuries like eating out and gym memberships are often the first places people cut back. I feel so bad for them since this was their baby for over 5 years. Yesterday morning was the last day the club was open and the staff threw a little farewell party with champagne, scones, biscuits, and other treats. Many members brought flowers for Lori and Kathie.
Last night, there was a staff party at this local restaurant called Rose Canyon Cantina. Lori was kind enough to invite me along as well and we had a great time! It's hard to say when I will see them again, so it's kind of a sad day for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment