Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A friend's advice...have some JAM

I have been coaching a friend of mine through some rough relationship times. It's a friend whose friendship I value, but it's interesting that she comes to me because we don't know each other personally since we found each other online. She's having issues where the person she is with is not giving her the attention and respect she deserves. Of course I only know my friend's side of the story, but she seems sincere and always goes out of her way to do special things for her significant other and he returns the favor by cheating and siphoning money from her checking account.

What gets me, is how people can have someone who obviously really cares for them and is a great person, but obviously they either don't see that or they don't want to make a commitment, so they repeatedly hurt the other person and force them away. They need to have chaos in their lives, so when things are good, they do things to sabotage themselves. (I learned that from Dr. Drew.)

But, I digress. I guess I'm just wondering why most crazy people seem to be able to find people to have a relationship with and I can't just a normal person who would be willing to share their free time with me. It would be nice to have a committed relationship and some security. I know I'm not old yet, but man! I don't want to get into a relationship and immediately have kids! There are a lot of horizontal surfaces that I want to break in first!

Which reminds me, TV's best couple, JAM, returns tomorrow! (Jim + Pam = Jam) Where is MY Jim??

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

I have often asked myself why the ladies go for the ones who treat them badly. And yet, I am a nice guy who respects women and I don't get anyone to consider me.

A friend of mine who was similarly unlucky at meeting people got married this past weekend, so all I can say is hang in there and eventually it will happen. At least, that is what everyone tells me. They don't offer any advice on breaking in horizontal surfaces though...

Looking forward to the return of The Office! Where is my Pam?

Happy Fun Pants said...

Amen Sister!!!! :)

Tammy said...

GEEZZZ!!! DOUBLE AMEN, SISTA!!! (I'm catching up on my blog reading)

My sister treats men like crap and always has someone around. Of course, a pansy ass man is not at all what I'd be wanting but it does make you wonder, doesn't it?