After a week of not going to the gym following the closing of the Trabuco Curves, I was really feeling lethargic. It didn't help that I spent a lot of the weekend watching football too. So tonight I went to the next closest Curves, the one in Rancho Santa Margarita, in the hopes that I'm not some sort of curse that causes gyms to go bankrupt and close down. After all, this will be my 3rd gym in 11 months.
Upon pulling into the parking lot, Shelly, who I've known since last October when we joined the Ladera club, came running out to my car to give me a hug. She's already joined here and was wondering what happened to me. When I got inside, another Ladera member, Penny, was there and I was very happy to see her too. It was just nice to see familiar faces! One good thing is that this club actually a few minutes closer to my apartment since there's a bit of a short cut to take. The other plus side is that they are using the Smart Curves equipment that have a little machine attached to each piece of equipment to measure your workout. The display has a meter that is red if you're not working hard enough, yellow if you're doing average, and green if you're meeting your target goals. It also counts down the reps for you. At the end of your session, you can log into the computer and it will show you which muscles you worked and how many calories you burned. It seems pretty high-tech. In any case, I'm feeling that this will be (another) good start to reaching my fitness goals. And, on nights I'm feeling like a happy hour, there's Daily's Sports Grill right next door!
2 comments:
I am so glad that you found one that you like and that your friends are there too! :) :)
Just so you know, you keep beating me at that staring contest... It's not fair... I think you owe me a date???
Post a Comment