Saturday, August 2, 2008

No water?


The strangest thing happened... I was brushing my teeth to get ready for bed and in between the time I first rinsed my toothbrush and the time the 2 minutes were up on my Sonicare, there was no water! I turned the handle and absolutely nothing came out. It was a very bizarre, unnatural feeling. When you turn out the faucet, there is no questioning going on in your mind whether or not water will actually flow out. You just assume it will! I waited awhile and tried other faucets, the dishwasher, toilet. Nothing, nada. I called the emergency after-hours maintenance number and after waiting about an hour for a call back, I found out that my building had a water main break. The Santa Margarita Water District is currently fixing it, so all should be well soon.

Kinda made me think what it might be like in our drought situation if we don't get more rain soon! Some things I do to save water are:
-- Turn water off while brushing teeth
-- Take shorter showers and turn water off while shaving legs
-- Wash full loads of laundry on the weekends
-- Wash car with a spray nozzle on the hose to control water flow
-- Wash big pots/pans by hand instead of filling up dishwasher

No comments: