Saturday, August 23, 2008

стрижка! (Haircut!)

Wow this is a record for me posting multiple times in one day!
I just wanted to say that I got my hair cut and colored today. It's a little shorter and choppier than I thought it would be, but to quote my Russian hairstylist, Lina, "Oh baybay, your hair is so thick and bushy! We need to give it sexy movement!" In her native language, that would be "О ребенок, ваши волосы являются настолько толстыми и густыми! Мы должны дать этому сексуальное движение!" And with that she chop chop chopped until there was enough hair on the ground to coat a small dog. I think it will be good, but my ponytail will look wimpy. I usually have a big fluffy ponytail, but I'm afraid with all the layers, it will have suffered greatly.

Here are a couple pix I just took. Let me preface this by saying I did NOTHING to my hair. Lina colored it, cut it, and out I went with no blow dry or style. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a chance to work with it and make it look better. My natural waves are curlier without all the weight, so perhaps I can start wearing it like this! That will save me about an hour in the morning!