Tuesday, August 10, 2010

These weren't made for jogging. And by these I mean boobs.

For those inquiring minds that want to know, I thought I'd give a quick update on my triathlon training. I've been alternating between the events throughout the week, some more than others. First, I start by watching TV on my left side. Then, about a third of the way through, I do a transition and start watching on my right side. Finally, I finish up with lying on my stomach, even though that's the hardest one for me due to neck cramps. Oh. Wait. What were we talking about again?

Right, so the rest of the time not spent being lazy I spend trying to refine my level of fitness. I'm happy to say that I'm at around 25-26 lbs. down (seems to vary from day to day) and more than 20 inches smaller than before! I've gone from a size __ pants to a size __! Isn't that fantastic? I thought so. Most people may not notice because I haven't bought new clothes. They've just gotten baggier. Well, now that's a lie. I did buy one pair of smaller pants out of necessity, but I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on new stuff yet.

Tonight was supposed to be a swimming night, but when I found out the pool was closed for maintenance, it became a running night. Running is my weakest sport, largely because it's not super fun to have boobs for this sport. Sometimes they can look like this:

Tonight I did 3.1 miles in 49:08 min! That's more than 4 minutes off my last time! I basically did week 3 day 3 of the Couch to 5K program for the first 30 minutes, which is a 5 min warm up, followed by intervals of running 90 sec/walking 90 sec then running 3 min/walking 3 min. For the rest of the time I walked for 90 sec and ran for 1 minute. It felt pretty good. I started getting a weird ache or cramp in my thigh, so slowed down because I didn't want to make that any worse. At this rate, I may not be the last to finish the race!


2 comments:

Happy Fun Pants said...

Take it from me - Enell Sports Bra would be your friend.

It's the only way I can run without hurting horribly or giving myself a black eye...and I have 36DDD's, so I feel your pain.

Jimmy said...

You have boobs?!?