I hope everyone has a great Easter!
I loved Easter growing up. Although, I always seemed to be sick for some reason. My bunny, Tanooki, also loved Easter. This picture is circa 1997.
We would always start by waking up early to hunt eggs. Okay, I would start by waking up early to hunt eggs. My brother would sleep in until some unreasonable hour like 7 or 8 while I was chomping at the bit to get outside and find the eggs. While waiting, I would scout for visible eggs out the kitchen window to give myself an advantage. There was some thrill about seeing pastel eggs out in the yard. I just loved it. My parents, er the Easter Bunny, hid plastic eggs out in the backyard that were filled with money and/or candy. There was always one egg that had a $5 bill in it and my brother and I would fight over it. The plastic eggs were implemented after several years where the morning dew on the grass ruined the dye on the real eggs resulting in stained pajamas and tears. The real dyed eggs were hidden inside around the kitchen/family room/dining room area. They used to be harder to find until one year we were missing one and it wasn't found until sometime in June. After that, the eggs were basically just lying out in plain sight and not much of a challenge.
The Easter Bunny would also hide our Easter Baskets somewhere in the house. One year the Easter Bunny got lazy and set my basket right outside my bedroom door. That was unfortunate because I stepped on it not expecting it to be in my path. Regardless, Reese's Peanut Butter eggs still taste the same smashed or unsmashed. After the egg hunt and consuming plenty of candy, we would head to Easter mass. After mass, we would sometimes go out for brunch to a place like Shoney's on Watson. Eventually we found it was just better/less crowded to go have brunch at home.
Speaking of brunch, I made my own breakfast today. Scrambled eggs, ham, and my favorite, Pan Pans. It should be a good day.
I'm also happy to say that I stuck to my pledge to give up soda for Lent. I did have one Sprite once when I had a stomach ache, but other than that no soda for 40 days! I can honestly say that I don't miss it. I may have one now and again, but for the most part, it's not beneficial in any way, so I'll have wine instead! Water, I meant water.
No comments:
Post a Comment