Sunday, December 21, 2008

Yes Virginia, there is still a blog

Many of you have been asking me what happened to my blog. Well, it's still here. It's just that I haven't been spending so much time with my computer, which is good! But, I will be posting more updates soon, including one about my big b-day bash! Just to throw a quick bone, here's a story about my lunch today. (No pun intended, you'll see...)

My Mom and Dad are in town to escape the wrath of winter that is wreaking havoc on the rest of the US. While we were out shopping today, my Mom and I stopped at On the Border since my Mom was craving one of their chicken burritos. I happened to venture out of my normal range of enchiladas and order a combo plate that included enchiladas and flautas. Baby steps people. Anyway, as we were enjoying said meal, I suddenly felt my tongue get pierced by a foreign object that was not part of the menu. I pulled out this massive chicken bone, which could also have been a brontosaurus bone. Grossed out, we finally managed to flag down our waitress who called over the manager. She apologized and offered to get me another meal. With the unplanned hole in my tongue, I didn't feel much like spinning the roulette wheel to choose another entree from the menu. She said that she would have my entree taken off the bill. Perfect, since I barely ate a third of it. We continued to sit there for another 5, 10, 15 minutes as we saw all sorts of other uninjured customers taken care of after they finished enjoying their meals. Finally, the manager came back by our table and said "You guys look like you're done. Can I get you anything else? Perhaps another refill? A box for your leftovers?" (Of course she was motioning to my picked over plate.) My Mom and I looked at each other as if to say "Did this woman shake her head and erase her brain?" She seriously forgot that we had an issue. I pointed to the ostrich bone on my plate and said "THIS is what we're waiting to get taken care of. No, I would not like a box." She said "Oh yes! I forgot. Can I get you a dessert? They are usually boneless." What a douche bag.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Umm... who's Virginia?