Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thanks for the customer service


Today I randomly decided to start a garden on my patio. I'm just starting simple with three bell pepper plants and some herbs. Maybe I'll branch out to pumpkins or watermelons.


When I was going through the Sunday ads, I saw that Home Depot was giving away one of those canvas reuseable bags on a first come first serve basis. I figured it could be good to start using a canvas bag for groceries, etc., so I asked an employee for one of the bags. Thankfully I had brought the ad with me because she had no idea what I was talking about. She huddled up with three other workers and they decided it was time to consult a manager. By this time, several people had queued behind me in line with important looking home improvement goods. I gave apologetic glances for this was something that should have been a 2 second transaction. The manager came over and read my ad and scratched his head. He poked around a few boxes by the door, but didn't find any bags. He finally decided that he needed to consult another manager by phone. Obviously this other manager did not want to be bothered with this because he came back and told me that he was told the ad was a misprint and really they were supposed to give the bags away on April 22nd, which is Earth Day. I pointed out that the ad clearly said "Sunday, April 20th". Kind of odd that they would have gotten the date and day of the week so completely wrong. Anyway, when I got home I decided to call up the store in Laguna Niguel and found that they did indeed have the bags and were happily handing them out to shoppers. Doesn't it just bug you when people tell you what they think you want to hear just to get you on your way?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Shaking head...tis a pity...the carbon footprint you left driving across OC for an environmentally friendly bag! :)

Unknown said...

Hey, Kristi! Great blog! I love those reuable bags. I can't believe that was such a hassle for you. You should have grabbed one and ran for it!!!!

Happy Fun Pants said...

I'm with Kenesia - you should've just stolen one. You know...that's what earth day/week is all about. :)

:),
Anne