I was looking into a couple of different tools that would help me manage calories to help me get back into shape and the BB was one of the products I researched online. It's basically a little device on an arm band that you wear daily to track how many calories you burn. There's a cool user interface online where you upload your BB data and also track the food you consume. That's where you learn your caloric balance.
It's a really simple equation: calories burned - calories ate = surplus or deficit.
Obviously you want a deficit each day (meaning you burned more than you ate) and next thing you know, you're getting in shape!
I also invested in the Digital Display that is a watch that syncs with the armband. It gives you real time updates on your calories burned, steps, and minutes of activity without having to upload via USB. It's really effective in motivating me to hit my targets each day. I'm on week 2 and am already down 10 lbs!
2 comments:
10 poounds in 2 weeks is really amazing.
Please just make sure that you're eating enough...I don't want anything to happen to you! Assuming you are being careful, I'm so happy that you've decided on a plan of action and are achieving great results! That statement could be true about a myriad of things... :)
Take care of yourself - and keep us posted on the new, healthier you!
I used to have something similar. It was called the BodyMidget. I had to carry a midget around in a backpack throughout the day and he kept track of what foods I ate. Then if I ate too much, he verbally berated me. Everything progressed pretty smoothly although showers were kind of awkward. But then one day he hit his head on a door frame because I "didn't stoop low enough." Oddly enough, I lost fifty pounds after I got rid of him.
Post a Comment