There's this really cool sandwich shop/coffee bar (they sell Peet's!) about a half mile from work called Specialty's. It opened in the lobby of a new building right across the street from the Spectrum. Besides sandwiches, another specialty of Specialty's is fresh baked cookies. They are soooo good. And HUGE! They are so good, in fact, that their website even has a "warm cookie radar" where you can stalk freshly baked cookies. That's serious business.
Well as I stated before, I'm onto this new healthy "lifestyle" (I call it a lifestyle because it's forever, unlike a diet) and cookies just really don't have a place (on a regular basis anyway). The website is cool in that you can customize your sandwich anyway you want and it displays the calorie content, which is a huge bonus if you've ever tried tracking calories before. But I digress.
The point of my story is that THEY are trying to SABOTAGE me. In the last week, I've been there twice. I get a nice mile walk in too, which is also a good way to sneak in more calorie-burning. Guess what I found in my lunch bag twice? A big fat cookie! I didn't order the cookie. They have a cutesty little card taped on it saying "Sometimes good things in life are free."
So, I know I have the willpower to not order a cookie, but it's not so easy to resist when it's right there.
2 comments:
I'm not sure about a lifestyle in which cookies are not a regular part of.
Dare I ask about waffles?
But seriously, a warm cookie radar? That's awesome! If you want, you can send the free cookies to me.
I think the universe is trying to tell you something. Last week you get a box of cookies on your doorstep and now you're finding them hidden in your lunch. Maybe you should look into getting a Mrs. Field's franchise. Or start your own: Kristi's Kookies.
Post a Comment