After hanging out with friends late last night, I decided to wind down by watching TV. It was then that I noticed the blinking light of my answering machine, indicating that I have a new message.
Nine times out of ten, the messages I get are hangups from telemarketers or our local politicians calling to persuade my vote one way or the other. For this reason I often wonder why I even bother maintaining a home line.
In any event, as I was sitting there in the dark, I thought "Wouldn't it be creepy if the message was a raspy voice saying that he was on his way to get me." It would at least make for a B rated horror flick. I sort of laughed to myself and then forgot about it as I watched TV.
About an hour later, I decided to head to bed. As I walked by the machine, I hit play just to hear the latest hang up.
Except it wasn't.
It was a guy. Saying he was on his way over.
Now I realize at this point you think I'm full of crap, but I am absolutely serious. The message was not a raspy voice, but it was a man named Nick. And he was coming over.
The message had been left at about 12:30 that day and the man identified himself as Nick and said that he was calling to be sure someone was here before he came over and left a call back number. Needless to say, I didn't sleep so well. I put the extra security lock on the door and piled some stuff in front of it to trip him up just in case he got in.
This morning I decided to Google the phone number and it turns out this Nick guy has an ad on Craigslist for a 1968 Camaro. The only logical explanation I can think of is that someone contacted him about the car and he called back the wrong number?
You tell me. What do you think this is all about??
3 comments:
Perhaps he heard you were cooking up some waffles.
Mmmmm....waffles.
Oh, wait. I think it's the Craigslist thing...there is no way that guy actually knows where you live. :)
Just in case, you should probably buy a gun and sleep with it loaded at your bedside.
Oh. And maybe buy a pitchfork.
Or even better... get a trident! Then you could also rule the seas!
Post a Comment