Last night I was invited to a SuperBowl party at my friend Jane's house. I met Jane when she was working at the Curves I belonged to before they had to close down. She and Lori (Curves owner) were really good friends, so they've graciously welcomed me into their club. There were several interesting people at the party, including one man who had been drafted by the Seattle Seahawks back in the day. That man knew a little bit about football. Anyway, I digress. Did I mention that Jane and Bill have a margarita machine in their outdoor bar? Yeah, that makes for fun times.
Back to the story. One of the women asked me if I had finished school yet. I was like "Pardon?" Jane's daughter-in-law started laughing because she knew I just turned *gasp* 30. The woman looked perplexed at our reaction and I said "Yes, I'm done with school." She said "Oh, well you just look like my daughter's age." That begged the question "And how old is she?" "21." I love this woman.
Later in the evening during conversation, Jane's friend said that I looked familiar. I started to panic thinking that maybe Jane had introduced us before on another occasion and I had forgotten. I hate when that happens. She kept staring at me up and down and finally she said "I've got it! You look like Jodie Foster!" The other women in the room said "YES! That's it!" "You look like a young Jodie Foster." I suppose I was flattered, as no one had ever made that comparison before, but I definitely don't see it. She continued to say that I looked like the Silence of the Lambs-era Jodie Foster. Perhaps this woman just wanted to eat my liver with some fava beans...


1 comment:
I can see it in the chin. Also, the hair. Oh - and the fingernails. :)
Post a Comment