Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pizza Port let us down

Tonight my mom and I were out and about near San Clemente and I had this brilliant idea to stop and get Pizza Port pizzas to take home for dinner. Well, not so much. First of all, my Dad is really picky about pizza. Secondly, my Dad hadn't had a bite to eat since breakfast, so he was fairly hungry. Thirdly, I had talked it up so much that I am sure I made it out to be way better than it is. Even though it's really pretty tasty.

Anyway, fast forward to our arrival. We placed our order for one small pepperoni (for my dad), a Laguna veggie pizza (for my mom and I), and some beer buddies to go. Then we waited. And waited. And waited some more. Seriously, it was not busy. Finally we got suspicious when several people who had ordered after us had gotten their pizzas. So, we went to ask and they said they would be right up. This was probably 40 or so minutes of waiting. While we were waiting, we took some nice pix.




After waiting a while more, they finally called us to pick up our order. Mmmm, it smelled good. After a 20 minute drive home, my Dad was ready to eat. Here's what the box looked like:



And here is what it looked like inside:



Yep, they forgot to give us the pizza.

4 comments:

Happy Fun Pants said...

Didn't it FEEL like there was nothing inside it?

P.S. Cute blog! :)

Jimmy said...

You sure do things kinda' funny there in California... why would you order an empty box? I could've given you one of those!

kristi said...

Dude, we ordered three things that came in three different boxes. Do you expect me to open each box and inspect the contents? I assume that even a chimp would be able to open box, insert pizza, close box. But, apparently not. It was a sad evening for sure.

Tammy said...

NO WAY!!!!! I wouldn't have looked either...assuming that all boxes had pizza in them too! Scary thing is that THEY lifted the box & didn't think it felt light! Luckily you'll have another chance at Pizza Port when we do our bike ride! :)