Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stir crazy

I've been home sick since Saturday with pneumonia. Well, actually my doctor called it "walking pneumonia" for whatever reason, because you and I know pneumonias don't walk. Maybe it's named that because anytime you lay down to sleep, you feel like you're drowning as your lungs fill up with phlegm, so you have to get up and walk it off. Seriously, whatever the reason, it sucks.

While I was home today, a friend of mine sent the following joke to brighten my day. It's pretty funny and true! Sorry the font is a little small..

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well... It could be worse. You could have 'jumping jacks pneumonia' or even the dreaded 'Steve Guttenberg 24 hour marathon on TV pneumonia'.
Have you tried laying down with your upper body and head slightly elevated? That way the, umm, icky stuff, won't move up your respiratory tract and make it hard to breathe. That is what about.com suggests anyway...
I hope you feel better soon!