I've kinda gotten sucked into the Zumba craze. My gym recently started offering classes that mix Zumba fitness with machine intervals.
At first I was a bit skeptical. "We're supposed to move WHAT like HOW?"
Having never seen Zumba in action before (ok besides the infomercials late at night) and knowing there is not a single drop of Latin blood in my body, I was somewhat reluctant. However, fortunately for us, the Zumba instructor that we have is a hoot! Tania breaks down the moves into easy to digest segments and then puts them together to create a dance choreographed to a shake-yer-booty soundtrack. We all do the moves, laugh with each other, and generally have a great time. It's definitely the change that I needed in my workout.
There's one song that I perpetually have in my head at all times now, thanks to Zumba. The video below shows some of the moves that Tania taught us.... albeit in a much more polished form.
3 comments:
Zumba Zumba!!! Tania's but is kinda mesmerizing! I hope to be back this week! Stupid respiratory infection.
Zumba?!? You crazy Californians. You'll make up anything just to have a craze.
i know you were shaking that ass kristi! im glad you posted this...i have been wanting to try this out at the local gym too...
Post a Comment