In preparation for my big (or not so big) event, I've been scouring the intrawebs for encouraging words, race tips, and stories about other's first times on the race course.
I came across this blog of Bree Wee, a multi-Ironman. After you read her race blog, meet me back here.
===== pause for reading break =====
---few extra minutes for the slow or otherwise distracted readers---
Okay, we're back live. Now seriously, what would Jesus have done in a situation like that? I was thinking about it to myself and came to these findings:
This would never happen to me because:
1. I would never ever wear white shorts in a race even if they were free.
2. I would obsess about my calendar and do everything necessary (including taking extra pills or skipping pills) to make sure my TOM wasn't coming on race weekend.
3. I stash products around like a squirrel preparing for winter just in case. Seriously, my work bag, gym bag, desk, glove box, lunch box (no not really), and trunk are all prepared.
I suppose every woman has a sneak attack like that at some point -- I can certainly sympathize. Why such a planner? Well, I'd have to take you back to the 7th grade when I had a, er, not so fun experience in Mrs. Garbs' class. Ever since then, I'm prepared!
Along the same threads of discussion of Bree Wee, women were chiming in about how silly that she doesn't use the Diva Cup. That, my friends, I found would be a whole 'nother discussion topic. Not so much the use, but the cleaning? Gah?
1 comment:
I don't think I'll make a comment at this time.
Post a Comment