Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Did somebody order the 'Carnivore Special'?

I guess my posts this week are about food. Today I needed to get out of the office at lunch and decided to go grab food somewhere and study for my pending LEED exam. My plan was to head to Panera, but as I walked by this pizza joint, I decided to get that instead. The place is called "First Class Pizza" and it's one of those places where you can order by the slice. Normally the pizzas are out on display so you can see what you're getting, but not here. This was a fancier place than other First Class Pizzas I've seen. There were 4 or 5 flat screen tvs and granite counter tops. But no pizzas.

I wasn't sure what to order, but I didn't want to be "that girl" and hold everyone up, so I just ordered a 2-slice combo. The cashier asked if I would like the specialty pizza and for some reason in my mind specialty = supreme. You know, with veggies and sausage or pepperoni. Now would've been a good time to ask what the specialty pizza was... but I didn't. I should also say that I am not a big fan of meaty pizza.

After forking over 10 bucks (really? For 2 pieces of pizza?), the cashier handed me this small pizza box that weighed 5 pounds. I swear, it really did. I went outside to eat and when I opened the box, the first thing I thought was thank goodness I'm not Jewish. This pizza was covered in more pork products than one could have thought possible! There was ham, Canadian bacon, regular bacon, sausage, and probably several other varieties of swine-meat. It was disgusting! I was so mad for not having asked more questions, but shouldn't the guy have warned me that it was all-pig no-waiting? WHERE WERE THE DISPLAY PIZZAS?

Anyway, I basically scraped all the toppings and cheese off the crust and just ate that. This was the carnage that remained:

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Thats a hot box you have there...

Tammy said...

You should have asked! We love First Class Pizza especially after a bike ride!! I vote that you try it again and order a personal pizza with your own toppings!